How To Use a Hand Swage Tool
Materials From Hammersmith
- 3.2mm Wire Cable Rope- 7x7
- Ferrule for 3.2mm Wire
- Thimble for 3.2mm Wire
- Hand Swager and Cutter for 3.2mm Wire
Level Of Difficulty:
Learn how to use a hand swager to crimp the end of stainless wire cable balustrade fittings.
- Take Ferrule and slide it through your wire in one hole
- Loop it back on itself and go back through the other Ferrule hole to create a loop knot
- Grab thimble and attach to the loop then pull the Ferrule back up on itself to secure in place
NOTE: The point of the thimble is to protect the wire from other attachments and fasteners like a saddle
- Grip your Hand Swager and Cutter and put in position on the Ferrule
- Apply pressure and squeeze to shut
- Use the cutter in your Hand Swager if you would like to cut and neaten the ends of the wire.
You May Also Like
Want To Receive More Advice?
Follow us to receive the latest updates